Thursday, March 29, 2018

Rainbow Baby Butterflies...

I know it's been a while and, with Instagram, I'm not sure how many people actually read blogs anymore...but I miss blogging.  So here is a post about a project I started last week!


One of my favorite patterns to make is my Baby Butterflies.  These modern butterflies are so adorable--and they can be made from 2-1/2" strips, so they are perfect for jelly rolls or scraps.  I decided that I needed to make a small, rainbow, scrappy butterfly quilt for my dog Buddy (and me, of  course).  It was to be about the size of a baby quilt...lol...


So about a week ago I started grabbing fabric from my stash and cutting strips, then subcutting to make the wings.  This is the pile that I'm sewing from right now.  I needed about 80 pairs of wings and I ended up with over 200 different sets!! Crazy....


While I was at it, I cut extra wings...because...why not?  I'm sure this is going to be super-duper and maybe I'll want to make another one, right??  So here are an extra 500+ pairs of wings...


And since I was already cutting something scrappy, I figured I might as well cut a bunch of 2-1/2" strips, just because...and that became it's own project!



I finally got to sewing yesterday, with Rebecca's help, and I like where this is going!!  I'll post more on the print for center of the butterflies when I can get a good pic.  And more on where I've been the last year...


Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you in the past few weeks, but, I've been traveling, and, it's hard to keep up with blogs, and check on people when you are out of town (at least for me). I'm not on Instagram, etc. I just read blogs and blog myself (when I've been sewing). Retirement??? Isn't that at the end of this year????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your postings and wondered how things were for you since your retirement clock quite ticking!! Maybe you are busier now than ever. Do enjoy the blogs I read each day. Plus I don't do much of the social networks. Fabrics are nice and bright and perfect for butterflies and baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete